Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Official Message] Winter single "Zutto... / Last minute / Walk" 2014.12.24 in stores II
View Single Post
Old 16th December 2014, 05:18 PM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LUOYUXIANG View Post
They are all gorgeous in their own ways.

Zutto... does sound like her old stuff - THE REALLY OLD STUFF prior to LOVEppears, such as Wishing. That's just so precious to hear recreated. I'm touched.
I must absolutely quote this. I have heard the songs in full multiple times now and I can state my opinion clearer than before.
I still don't like zutto THAT much but I appreciate the nostalgic feeling it gives off like the user said. It's really nostalgic and I immediately thought of Wishing as well. Plus japanese people are loving it... seems like it is first on itunes now.
Spoiler:
source: forAver club

Last minute and walk are, imho, fantastic. I really like them, I love them. Walk didn't catch my attention at the first listening of the short version, but it totally got me now because the lyrics are so, very beautiful. Deep lyrics, like the old ayu. Same for last minute... the lyrics are good from what I can hear and the sound... I totally love it. It's so emotional, and the arrangement is WOW.

The only thing I must complain about is that the sounds tend to overwhelm her voice. I don't know if this is what you all are calling "bad mixing" but it's exactly the same problem Tell All had. I can't quite hear her voice sometimes because of the instruments and back voices ALL OVER THE PLACE. i really hate this because at one point I had the volume very high to hear her words but my ears were bleeding because of the very high music.

Overall, beautiful single. I shall buy this.