Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Official Message] Winter single "Zutto... / Last minute / Walk" 2014.12.24 in stores II
View Single Post
Old 16th December 2014, 06:48 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Pleasantly surprised with the single overall!

Zutto... has a very familiar and old school Ayu sound to it reminiscent of MY STORY and (Miss)understood that i enjoy. But thankfully not in the tiresome way of most of LOVE Again's ballads, which never really captured the magic of her old stuff. The pre-chorus up until the "Zutto, Zutto" part is pretty bland, but i really like everything else here! Great track.

Last Minute is definitely the stand out song on this single, it's everything i love in a Ayu track. I haven't gotten this much emotion from her in a long ass time and i agree with the people saying that it's very Memorial Address part 2

But damn, whoever mixed it needs to be fired.. The transition from the piano to the rock bit is anything but smooth, it sounds horrific and actually throws me off a bit.

Walk gave me hope for a new BALLAD upon hearing that glorious intro, but then it all feel down like a house of cards. Typical run of the mill ballad in the vein of Meaning of Love and most of LOVE Again. Just no thank you.

Zutto.. > Last Minute > Walk

DeviantArt | Coverlandia | Flickr | Tumblr

I’m the only one giving my all
and I suppose that’s how it must be..
i’ll push through the smoke and be buried in noise