Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Official Message] Winter Single 「Zutto... / Last minute / Walk」 2014.12.24 in stores
View Single Post
Old 10th November 2014, 12:56 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surreal17 View Post
You said Namie Amuro has regained popularity by reinventing her carrer (I think you're probably referring to the Best Fiction Era) but at the same time you said that Ayumi has been too experimental since 2008 (which is great for us, fans). My question is this : How can Ayu "reinvent" her carrer to be successful again? If we look at her albums, she's always coming with new sounds and visuals (if this is not reinvention, than what is it?), which is the main confusion of the jpop lover mass.
Look at Kana Nishino by the way : she has those big sales (not as big as before but still) because she keeps singing the same jpop styled love songs. Not that's a bad thing, but I feel that this is popular in Japan right now.

By the way, I love Kokia and Rurutia too
She like the change, the complaining fans like and want the same thing over and over. Its just the times and how the music industry is. Its outdated and they wont accept change. Look how long it took the industry to get with the online deal with the declining sales and blah. They're is such diversity with her songs (this is one of the reason I love ayu's music so much, something for every mood, I don't need much more in music). She just does what she loves and as long as people want to listen to her, she will keep on doing her own thing. Fans will influence her choice in some songs but the rest is what she wants, because ayu is reflecting herself in her songs, not us.