Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Official Message] Winter single "Zutto... / Last minute / Walk" 2014.12.24 in stores III
View Single Post
Old 20th December 2014, 05:15 AM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
I also wonder why they gave away the ending.
Moon was rather boring until the ink, but we didn't get that until the DVD.
Probably because the rest of the PV is boring lbr. Better advertisement to show the part that's remotely interesting.

---

After listening to the single a couple more times, I've realized my biggest problem with Zutto... is that the buildup just doesn't work for me. Specifically, the prechorus sounds romantic and warm, but the verse and chorus sound distinctly sad - and then I read the lyrics, and it's, uh, a hopeful love song? It doesn't add up for me. I really like everything up until the prechorus, because it reminds me of another BALLAD, but then the prechorus hits and the song loses all momentum and, worse, can't build any momentum for the chorus to kick in and make any real impact. Which it kind of needs to do, because the chorus melody itself isn't that exciting. So in the end, it's still an okay song for me, but would've benefited so much from a total rewrite of the prechorus.

Biggest problem with Last minute is still the god awful mixing. If the song was mixed well, I would probably actually like it quite alright. But damn. That mixing. It's horrendous. I wouldn't put it anywhere near the rock tracks of yore.

Walk has grown on me a little, in the sense that I can actually tell it has some semblance of a chorus melody now lol. But it's TK and I'm so fucking sick of these generic TK ballads already. It's basically just November but without the cute arrangement that makes November unique and kinda RPGesque.

My biggest problem with the single overall though is that it's just... okay. Zutto... is okay, Walk is okay, Last minute is okay. There's just nothing here that really feels like a song that needed to exist or enhances her discography. It makes me worry for the next album becoming LOVE again again honestly. These compositions feel like they fell from the same tree as LOVE and again and I wish she'd just get out of this boring middle-of-the-road safety music phase already. Colours felt like a step forward, but this is just 2 steps back.