Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood- II
View Single Post
Old 1st June 2019, 11:45 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Well, it ain't easy to keep on looking/photographing great all the time. Especially when your looks are an huge part of your job and is constantly critisized.

2010-look was very unnatural in some way: the fish-lips in particular. Wasn't 2010 the time that Ayu also went to some kind of show, dressed in a pink summerdress with big hairdo with flowers, and fan-girled so hard when some guy in politics showed up in the same TV-show? Wasn't 2010 also the time some of us speculated she had a new nose after watching Don't Look Back PV? IIRC since 2010 we genuinely suspected artificial things about Ayu, whether it was about her behaviour (like acting over the top cutesy for example in the TV show) or her looks.

But it has been almost a decade ago. I miss the music, but I think that Ayu 'herself' really softened up now. I am not sure if we, her fans, grew along with her; but she certainly matured in a beautiful, genuine way. It is weird but somehow she changed a lot, without really changing... does that make sense? Uhh