Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Official Message] Winter single "Zutto... / Last minute / Walk" 2014.12.24 in stores III
View Single Post
Old 16th December 2014, 10:14 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Honestly I think this single is great. And well done. All of these songs also flow together well and create their own darker environment for this single which I like. I'm listening to them again, and I haven't enjoyed her ballads this much in a while. Zutto... is definitely the weakest but still an okay ballad. Just okay. It sounds a basic ayu ballad that I'm never going to listen to. The last two are more special in my opinion and I get rock influence with last minute, god bless. I'm just glad that everything feels darker than anything in a while. And the lyrics are amazing.

More elaboration on my opinions about this single:
Spoiler:

I thinks it's hard for people to really enjoy her ballads anymore or find anything new in them, etc etc. I think you can only have so many ballads as an artist before something sounds recycled, uninspired, just plain or completely out of left field and too strange. Mainly because they are ballads. Reasons why ballads are probably my least favorite things...I also often don't like playing anything remotely slow and lyrical in concert band because it starts to feel like the same thing, even across different composers and styles.

Imo, ayu's best ballads are on my story with some good ones here and there afterward and before.

I honestly see why ayu released these songs. The quality of these is great. All of the intricacies are special to me. As well as the more obvious things like the melodies. And the emotion on Last Minute and Walk is beautiful. I feel like things that have been lacking in songs like Pray or how beautiful you are exist on this single. I can't see people liking future ballads from ayu if they don't like any of these honestly, because unless she decided to switch to a completely new genre of music, I don't think they will be getting better than this lol. Though idk what anyone's looking for anyway.

Damn. I really want some rock songs from ayu

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Last edited by primavera♥; 16th December 2014 at 10:21 PM.