Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 ~VI: Third chapter~
View Single Post
Old 17th January 2018, 05:31 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
It's a performance, I don't see it as a big deal. There are some songs she has been performing for almost 20 years now, it's a little too much asking her to personally get moved by it every single time.
I personally don't care if she is personally moved by it every time or not. I would prefer it if she just performed the way she feels the song at the time, rather than faking it even if that meant less "crying". It's pretty obvious when it's faked anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidChaiLatte View Post
Regarding the "fake" crying - I felt like during the show every single time she struggled screaming through the high notes, it was almost guaranteed she would start crying - esp during ballads. I wonder if it's a thing she does to cover up her current harsh vocal condition or she's just simply upset that she can't reach certain notes anymore?
I also agree with this. She's not the only artist to do so. You make something "emotional" to cover up that you can't hit the note.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 17th January 2018 at 05:34 PM.