Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Official Message] Last Minute - full PV
Thread: [Official Message] Last Minute - full PV
View Single Post
Old 28th March 2015, 05:11 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbitalaspect View Post
Simple is great. One of my favorite PVs was curtain call. NEXT LEVEL was really simple as well. But to me, the whole point of a PV is to tell a visual story or to give me some visual content that accompanies the song. That's the whole reason the music video was invented in the late 70's. I don't watch videos to just stare at someone, like Lorde in the Tennis Court, mouthing to a camera. That's not the point of a music video.

I probably wouldn't feel so nasty about this PV if it didn't come off cheap. I've been just as angered with similar videos from other artists because this is not the point of a music video, but this is a one-up from that because the videos are a selling point for the CD+DVD version. I don't think an extra $10-15 plus tax is a fair price for MP4s of Ayu singing in front of a webcam.

It's not an ugly video. It just comes off lazy to me. This is PV #38 that Ayu has done the same motions and facial expressions, so the only power I see, even after having watched it a half-dozen times, is the cable running to that light...

That's like saying flushing a toilet adds some drama to what would otherwise just be me sitting in a restroom for four minutes.

Stop.

You are setting a terrible example for participation on AHS by padding threads with posts that directly and indirectly call out some users for strong opinions. An opinion that this PV is absolute trash is not a threat to another opinion that this is a masterpiece. If I post that I think Ayumi is an asshole for having not planned a better video, it is not an insult to you because you loved the video she made. If you don't like someone's "choice of words", you have plenty of autonomy to skip around that contribution. Do not, however, use that autonomy to discourage people from contributing by labeling opinions you don't like as "aggressive contempt" or derailing threads into banter over what you consider to be appropriate and inappropriate ways to express an opinion or contribute to the topic.

Everyone should be encouraged to throw an opinion in, question others' opinions, debate things, make sarcastic remarks, cry, laugh, and cry while laughing. We don't think with the same vocabulary, cultural values, social behaviors, or personal interests, so my opinion will never be the right choice of words to another person--that, in part, is why it can be my opinion. However, your comments about "aggressive contempt" and people's "choice of words" points fingers at people for opinions you don't agree with, or opinions that weren't expressed with your personal "choice of words". Worse, your banter, takes an impersonal topic and makes it personal.

Stop nitpicking certain contributions for "choice of words" and keep the context of these threads somewhat related to the topic.
"Don't have strong opinion about me having strong opinions!"

Ok...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)