Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~III~
View Single Post
Old 7th August 2018, 02:17 PM
ayu trance Initiate

In my opinion "Memorial address" is such an important release just because it has "forgiveness" on it. That song, to this days, embodies the depth and brilliancy a "mere" pop-ballad can possibly be made of. Sometimes I feel it is not to the advantage of other (weaker) ballads from Ayu, though, because with the creation of "forgiveness" the standard has been set very high and, as I personally think, has never been matched by another ballad, ever since.

Of course there are so many beautiful, valuable ballads on Ayu's discography, but especially with the perceived decline in quality standards these days, I cannot say pieces like right now on TROUBLE would do anything for me - not even remotely.

Ballads actually don't have to feel boring, exhausting, lengthy or like 100-times-heard-before at all. Ayu proved it back then, when she really was the Goddess of ballad madness and songs like "forgiveness" felt like unreal apparitions from outer space xD