Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [A] "A" STAFF BLOGS discussion
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2011, 09:22 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I don't think there was ever a reason stated for it.

Bancho seemed to just want to move on to different things, so her assistant [Minazo aka Shingo Sano] became Ayu's chief nailist. His nails aren't as well done as Bancho's though, hahaha.

It's like how Ayu's hair and makeup artist (Keizo Kuroda) switched to a different set of people after (miss)understood. If her look changed at all since then, it's because she has Gori and Kazuyoshi Takahashi (ZACC, part of this one elite salon and the inventor of some scissor technique lol) now. Fun fact, Keizo and Bancho are on the same creative team, 'three peace' with Ayu's costume designer.

If you look at a lot of Keizo's clients, they tend to look like Ayu from 2000-2006, haha. Speaking of which, Ayu's stylist also changed after 2006 onward. It's Kei Ito now, but I forgot the name of the former one. That person also works with a lot of the artists that Keizo works with, so they look even more like Ayu, haha. (alan worked with both of them, I think) FYI about a stylist, they're the ones who choose clothes for an artist/celebrity to pick from for a photoshoot or public event... usually.

Last edited by truehappiness; 13th May 2011 at 09:24 PM.