Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Official Message] Disappointing Secret : New Satsuki Hiraoka Goodies for TA
View Single Post
Old 25th September 2009, 12:06 AM
UNITE! Initiate

I don't think a lot of you understand why it's priced so high, or why she's even doing this in the first place...

It's Ayu. Remember the Rimmel set sold at concerts? A tube of mascara, the eyeliner, and the mirror was 2500yen (basically $25USD) - I would NEVER pay that much for it if it weren't special Ayu merch.

Also, it's Avex - we all know how much they like to put out from their artists (remember all FOUR versions of NEXT LEVEL?), and they like to jack up their prices.

And, these are specially designed (and maybe made by) Satsuki - she's going to earn a profit from these.

Ayu + Avex + Satsuki = big prices.

These are for the hardcore fans in JAPAN. Japanese girls LOVE deco, and they will certainly buy these. This is actually a good marketing strategy (for Ayu, Avex, and Satsuki) since Japan is going through a huge deco craze currently. Plus, Ayu and Satsuki are friends, and Ayu knows how much power she has. Ayu promoting herself + Satsuki = big business opportunities for Satsuki.

♥ Ayu fan since September 2006 ♥

Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
ASIA TOUR 2008 - June 29, 2008
ARENA TOUR 2009 - June 20, 2009 | June 21, 2009
ARENA TOUR 2012 - April 7, 2012 | April 8, 2012