Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Can Ayu write a sexually themed song?
View Single Post
Old 17th January 2010, 10:04 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuutii_hanii View Post
Lmao I think I kinda started this discussion... But okay, where should I start. Imo, she's never been very virginal lol, I don't know what makes some people think that. Is this the same person we're talking about? So many of her lives and PVs are sexual in some way; costumes, movements, whatever it is. Because of you, 1 LOVE, Sparkle, Mirrorcle World, Ladies Night PVs are the most obvious I guess. Even if the song/PV isn't really related to sex in any way she often has little hints and for example suggestive clothing. But the main point is, she does it in a classy and "read between the lines" way.

I don't think she ever would, and I personally hope that she never ever will make a total smut song. I'm not sure what you exactly mean by wanting her to do a sexual song. A song that just is about sex, no matter if it's in a gentle and only hinted way, or an all-over-your-face dirty song..?

But I definitely think that if she were to write a song about doing it, it wouldn't be obvious. She has always written in a way that can have many meanings, hasn't she? In a way that can be interperated in many ways. There are songs in her discography that could be about sex, but she has written them in a way that one can think she's written about love, life overall or whatever it is. Sparkle definitely, and I always thought Boys & Girls had something like that to it too lol. Dolls, ourselves and STEP you could also be interperated that way in my opinion.

I probably had something more to say but I forgot so here's my opinion for now.
Sexy and sexual are two different things.

There are many times where she is sexy on stage, and in PVs, but she has never been sexual on stage. Remember, anyone can go to her concerts, and we have seen people bring their 3 year old daughters or sons to the concert, its just not appropriate if she suddenly does a sexual routine out of everyones expectation...

I think she is a very private person, and anything about sexual or very private things, she won't talk about. Remember, there is Hamasaki Ayumi the person, and Ayu the artist, and I think even now she separates these two, no matter how similar they are.

And there is nothing sexual about Dolls... _ _);

Personally, I dont want her singing about sex or so. Koda Kumi is there for that, no matter how "tasteful" it is. Ill turn to Koda Kumi if I wanna listen to that, but Ayu is for deeper, less private things. Also, I dont think Ayu's voice really fits into the sexual thing...