Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu-Gaga 'conversation' on Music Station
View Single Post
Old 18th April 2010, 06:36 PM
count down Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
lol Well, honestly, whether people think she was "rude" or not...the tone of voice she took and way she directed the conversation was not at all modest or really as "nice" as I've seen her before.

You know, It's kind of like when Gaga was interviewed by Barbara Walters, and she was like "You know, I don't take off my sunglasses for many people, but I'll do it for you." I mean, that statement is just full of hints at her personality lol

Gaga CAN be sweet and nice, and I think, it's only the closer you are to her, and the more respect she has for you, that you'll get to see the genuine side of it...and even then, her personality is still very strong, she is not modest, and she is always excited about what she is doing or has done, because it's her life.

I don't think she was particularly as comfortable as normal on the show...and I do think that her and Ayu would fare better if there werent so many people around and having to have less things translated lol but that wouldn't stop Gaga from not being humble in the way of her work. And honestly, I think Gaga paid more attention to Ayu, because of her English, and also because she was the biggest star there, she even sat closer to the hosts! lol

Someone mentioned that Gaga should have looked into the custom in Japan and acted the way they do...which, honestly, I don't agree with. I think you should, to an extent, but honestly, the Japanese think so many tiny things are rude, they need to get over it already. I would not want Gaga to feel she has to act in certain ways other than who she is, and God knows, she was probably already given a lecture a few times before she got there about what to do and what not to do.

I think, while I love her, I was never a fan of her snobby attitude sometimes, and, if you do listen and watch her interviews, she absolutely IS snobby somethings, I still think we ought to cut her a little slack, because you know what, NO ONE is perfect, and everyone has faults or flaws, or things that may not be so appealing to others...and im sure we've all been in the position of having to just "accept" certain people as they are. I think it would be good for all of us to not judge so harshly in this matter.

imo she wasn't THAT bad...but I think it was enough for the people there to realise how much of a self-promoter she is...and maybe even how much she is obsessed with her work...
This. Everything about this.

It's Gaga. If you love it, yay, if you don't, well sorry you can leave I guess...

AND YES. Just because it's "rude" the way Japan sees it, it doesn't mean that Gaga needs to change who she is just to fit into the ideal socializing custom that Japan has. Wouldn't like it if the tables were turned for Ayu, right?

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO