Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - New single 'Feel the love / Merry-go-round' out 12/25 [III]
View Single Post
Old 18th January 2014, 10:18 AM
CAROLS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
A lot of what you said is true. However, I actually think that the lack of promotion from Avex for Ayu is because over the years, they have seen dwindling returns for their investment. They are not putting a ton of money into promo for Ayu anymore because from their perspective its not worth it since it doesn't seem to make much difference. A lot of this comes down to general public opinion. I hope that anyone that lives in Japan would agree with me that general public opinion of Ayu is not good and hasn't been for a number of years. Kuu falls into the same boat, though not as bad. No amount of promo is going to significantly help their sales until they have a better public image to start with. Namie however is generally highly favored by the public so she is a much better/less risky property for investment so companies are willing to throw their money after her. How did Namie manage this? I'm not even sure. Though I suspect a big part of it has been keeping her private life private, still managing to maintain an air of mystery about herself, and letting the quality of her releases speak for themselves.
exactly