Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ARENA TOUR 2016 A ~MADE IN JAPAN~ [II]
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2016, 06:16 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
I don't think it's ok to record a full song. If you have your phone up for a few seconds, fine. I also take a few pics. But recording a full song because it's your favourite is not ok. It also might be someone else's favourite song. Normally I can watch the performamce through the spaces between people's heads. But when people record there isn't any space left and the only things I see are heads, arms and some lights. Since quite some time now everyone seems to think it's ok to record as long as they just record one song. But guess what, mostly EVERYONE does that. It ruins everything for me. And a lot of people have the same favourites. Last time I went to a concert someone in front of me recorded during my favourite song and I wasn't able to see the stage anymore. I was so angry I cried. If I would have been tall enough I would have hit that person on the head too. But since I'm just a little woman I have to accept that people are just selfish and always finding excuses why it's acceptable to record and ruin the live experience for other people who aren't lucky to be tall enough.
You seem bitter about your concert experiences.

It's completely possible to record a full song without obstructing anyone's view. I've done it before and will do it again. It truly creates one special memorable video for the rest of your life. (I actually recorded Rule in full when I attended AT09..haha..managed to get the full song before staff approached me.) Of course, I always make sure to hold the phone sort of in front of my own face. If people hold it too high, that's another issue. In that case, even 30 seconds is quite annoying.

Although, to be honest, it doesn't even bother me that much. I just enjoy the concert experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
How can you even hear other people singing over top the live performances?? I guess maybe it depends how close you are to the stage.
Good question. I only notice that issue when watching YouTube videos. Or..well, I had a first floor seat once at a Fleetwood Mac concert and you could clearly hear the people talking and singing. Bad acoustics / bad seat I guess. Still the best concert of my life though. FM is amazing.

I think if a concert is truly good, then all these distractions don't matter. If a concert is just OK or so-so then you're more likely to pay attention to them.

Last edited by 4Seasons; 9th May 2016 at 06:23 PM.