Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Singles or albums that renewed your faith in Ayu?
View Single Post
Old 13th June 2019, 03:03 AM
no more words Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA1SUK1DAY01691 View Post
Love songs, absolutely. Looking back at her discography, the only album that really flopped with me is Party Queen—I disliked NEXT LEVEL and Rock'n'Roll Circus at the time, but since taking a break from Ayu and exploring other styles, I've come to realise just how good they are considering most of those two albums weren't her style. Who knows, maybe I'll feel the same way about Party Queen in a few years' time, but for now, that's a definite no.

Love songs was one of the most cohesive albums she released since MY STORY back in 2005, so that really helped me reaffirm my love for her music. Love Again is actually a strong album as well—I disliked almost every song except for "Missing" as singles, but oddly enough as an album, they all work together. It's peculiar, really...
Six years later and I still don't care for most of Party Queen, for the record. Haha!

Love songs is still one of my favorite albums from Ayu's second half of her career.