Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ~POWER of MUSIC~ 2011 A setlist, photos, and etc. [II]
View Single Post
Old 5th June 2011, 02:02 PM
Over Initiate

As for a play-by-play-esque breakdown of the concert, I put this together. The set list is divided into eight parts, not including the MC session and encore. Each part is proceeded by a short video that alludes to the theme of the songs in the coming set and it all builds up to support the idea that no matter what difficult experiences come our way, we, as human beings, have a divine and innate inclination to survive. It's no exaggeration to claim that this is absolutely one of Ayu's most moving concepts so-far.

Here's the setlist:

Remember
01 forgiveness
M.C. Session
02 Love song (during the 6/4 live only; during the 6/5 live, she performed an a cappella rendition of the chorus for YOU)
Relax
03 blossom
04 BLUE BIRD
05 monochrome
06 fairyland
Pain
07 Guitar Interlude
08 A Song for XX
09 M
10 NEVER EVER
Sorrow
11 walking proud
12 part of Me
13 Moments
Smile
14 Catcher In The Light
15 vogue
16 Far away
17 SEASONS
Joy
18 WONDERLAND
19 Bold & Delicious
20 Mirrorcle World
Cheer!
21 evolution
22 Boys & Girls
To Be Free
23 Born To Be…
Encore
24 Daybreak (A WORLD is ONE Photo Presentation)
25 A Song is born

Highlights:
- forgiveness was EPIC. Even though physically speaking, she's really small, she was so powerful up there conducting her entire orchestra as she belted her way through a re-arranged version of the song.
- Altogether, her vocals throughout the whole concert were nearly flawless. Best vocals I've heard from her in a long time.
- M was rearranged as a rock song (think of the 030213 Session 002 version of A Song for XX found on A BALLADS and you'll have a good idea of how it turned out!)
- Bold & Delicious was hilarious! You can tell she really enjoys poking fun at her dancers XD.
- the vogue-Far away-SEASONS trilogy was certainly nostalgic since she hasn't performed them in a while as a set, and of course, the new arrangements were excellent.
- I'm not sure if it was the case for everyone, but I cried my eyes out during A Song is born. Poor Ayu had to wave at my unabashedly sobbing face XD.

Extra tidbits:
- I forgot to mention that I was about a foot away from Leslie Kee and Shingo Kobayashi during the beginning of the concert ^_^. Leslie was looking sharper than he usually does in his Twitter photos and Shingo was easy to spot because he was wearing white pants XD.
- Erika Sawajiri was apparently there for both the 6/4 and 6/5 shows.

Last edited by greggerz189; 6th June 2011 at 06:54 AM.