Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood- II
View Single Post
Old 26th August 2019, 04:05 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post

What really bothers me in a way it's the lack of soloists who become cultural phenomenons and icons... We had Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, who, let's be fair, it's more noticed due to her visuals than she is for her music (and I'm saying this as someone who actually does like her music) and groups like AKB48, but I'm not really into groups.

But I guess this is jpop's natural cycle in a way? An era filled with idols groups and another one filled with soloists with strong personality. I just wanted someone who actually shake things up a little like Ayu Hikki, Namie, Shiina, and gosh, even Koda did.
It is cyclical, but this has been going on for a loooong time now. I would say about ten years even? Ugh. I actually believe there is a cultural component. I feel like Japan has actually regressed and become more insular again and that's what's fueling this dirth of creativety and individuality. Yes, there are more male soloists now, but....they are really boring and imo aren't that different than the homogenous idol groups out there, at least from what I've seen.