Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~Zutto.../Last Minute/Walk~
View Single Post
Old 25th December 2014, 02:56 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
2nd day charting of Zutto.../Last minute/Walk - #8

http://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2014-12-23/
Ugh...

Here we go again - can she even make top five...? I have a feeling it isn't likely...

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
Lol trust me if they give you freedom on most things...it doesn't mean you have it on everything. She may be a big game in their company but that doesn't mean they won't state their opinions on what she should do and what not. They probably had a thing or two to add to the decision temselves as well.
I mean even GACKT once said that he wanted to change his hair color but his company didn't exactly wanted that so he had to keep it for longer. And this dude isn't someone you can just push around. And he is one of the better selling male artists today in Japan. His stuff always hits Top 10. And someone just doesn't let him change the hair color. I mean....really...

I think it's just pure luck with the numbers and the timing. Change of genertions affect a lot of things.
AGREED! Especially with the change of generations! Everyone gets older, but the younger ones, probably the majority of music buyers in Japan, are the key to sales, and they're preferring the idol image of AKB48 or Johnny's today instead of the traditional soloists of "yesterday"...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrise View Post
Isn't the drop due to new Tuesday releases? Since Ayu released on a Monday this is her second day vs. their first days?
Tuesday was a holiday, Emperor Akihito's birthday. Don't know if that's going to affect the numbers significantly.