Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread ~Zutto.../Last Minute/Walk~
View Single Post
Old 25th December 2014, 04:10 AM
winding road H-Initiate

Great first day! The big drop is a bit sad, but I feel the week sales will be quite decent, so I'm happy. The position doesn't matter, it's not like we didn't know Kis-My-Ft2 would get #1...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
Why do you guys always place ayu's "bad decision" under avex? At this point in her career I'm completely sure that avec wouldn't come up and say "Hey we want a single on Xmas eve, but no TV live and no DVD for the single". And maybe even some years ago when she had that #1 singles streak, they surely wouldn't give her orders without a discussion, specially after A BEST saved avex... Probably ayu herself wanted to release this as a Xmas gift, and as she wouldn't have much time to shoot PVs cause of her CDL, they came up only with the CD version. Of course, I can't tell this for sure, but the idea of avex still controlling her like this is ridiculous to me
I agree, at this point I think Ayu is the one who decided she wanted her single to be released on christmas and the amount of promotion she's going to do (though of course the billboards and CMs are on Avex). And I don't even know if it's a "bad decision", I don't think she cares about what position she is in, she just wanted to give her fans a single on christmas, I think that's great.
tbh, I don't think she would have gotten #1 if it was released on a different week anyway. If you look at the artists who topped all previous weeks, it was always idols that she probably wouldn't be able to beat, so it makes no difference (sure, if it was last week she would have guaranteed at least #3 with just her first day sales, but not #1).

She's doing really well on digital rankings, though

Last edited by pimenta; 25th December 2014 at 04:34 AM.