Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ayumi hamasaki ASIA TOUR ~24th Anniversary special @PIA ARENA MM~
View Single Post
Old 9th April 2022, 05:08 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
The more I watch the more I think that Ayu has everything going for her: great catalogue of songs, entertaining shows, good looks. Except vocal ability. Baby voice, screaming, unnatural way of singing, unnatural vibrato, going off-key. I don't understand how people can find listening to this enjoyble.
Nonfiction number looked cool, especially gestures they were making.
Well, she clearly has problems with her singing nowadays for obvious reasons, but even during her prime, when she was not suffering because of deafness and had more control of her voice, she wasn't praised by her vocal abilities. Being a fan of Ayu since day one is handling with that (even if we witness a lot of changes, sometimes good, sometimes bad ones). This moment, she's being off-key specially on the higher notes, but her voice is way more stable throughout songs compared to, I don't know, five years ago, during Just the beginning, for example. She is able to sustain her voice more, with more quality. The tone she's singing may not be "natural enough" (but during most of her career she was not singing in her natural register, it's not new), but I can see some improvement, considering all her circumstances. She's not a good vocalist, she was better than today for sure, but I think she's handling it ok.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Last edited by summerain; 9th April 2022 at 05:17 AM.