Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - You were... / BALLAD information thread [IV]
View Single Post
Old 14th November 2009, 01:29 AM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Well the one that moves their release date because of competition is the one that is going to appear the weakest. If Ayu loses, no that's not exciting. But if she is able to win, that is certainly much more cause for celebration than celebrating how she usually gets her number 1s these last few years.

For those wondering about comparison: The sales for his 3 most recent singles were as follows: Keshin - 206,803 (2009), Sou ~New Love New World~ (2008) - 178,546, Tokyo ni mo Attanda (2007) - 139,907.

If Ayu has first week sales like Days/Green then she has a shot. Otherwise I would say she is more likely to lose the first week than Fukuyama. (that is unless Fukuyama just doesn't promote this single at all)
Well, I don't know about promotion but marketing-wise his single has 2 limited editions besides the regular one with t-shirts, the question is how limited are they.
It's kind of surprising since usually male soloists (specially not from avex) wouldn't do it I suppose but maybe they made it for the sake of the competition with ayu's single. =P