Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] ayumi hamasaki LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A (inc. CDL 2018-2019) ~II~
View Single Post
Old 11th January 2019, 08:52 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by 280301 View Post
I think Ayu's always been pretty good at shaking up her setlists, while keeping the classics that fans that don't get to see her regularly will appreciate being present. However, I am hoping that the A^3 date will be lean more towards including a greater selection of classics, though JTB and Made in Japan did this pretty well imo.

I feel like M has been criminally ignored in the last few years, as has Dearest, but these two make sense as she did sing them pretty frequently around their releases.
I feel like she's much more conscious these days about which songs suit her current voice best, and so she tends to stray away from a lot of older songs.

That said, if she put effort into new arrangements, it could work really well. In TA2015 she sang M at the show I went to, which was swapped out for Last Minute on the recording date and it was the more rock arrangement like the first PoM. It definitely suited her voice very well.

Dearest, on the other hand, hasn't really had a great performance since the time it was a single (and all of those performances were great). So I'm OK if she doesn't sing that one live again - it just doesn't work for her now.