Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Critique: 23rd Monster
View Single Post
Old 22nd June 2021, 07:56 PM
SEASONS Initiate

^please no. (Although I’ll take anything from her at this point lol)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
Oh if I had my dream album I don’t know it it would necessarily be on trend lol, but it would be a sound Ayu hasn’t revisited in a while, which is the more dreamy, ethereal sounds of RAINBOW. A nice album to escape too, something that’s light and poppy. Colorful visuals. Heck she could even have a “nightmare” portion of the album if it’s a full dream concept.

We often get quite heavy albums / videos / visuals / lyrics from Ayu, and sometimes I don’t want that. You can still be very thoughtful and interesting and insightful while being happy or fun or light in sound. Fairyland is a rather deep song but sonically it’s poppy and light, for example.

I miss those sorts of sounds, so I long for them most I suppose.
Y.E.S

What I would really like is her to do more stripped down music at some point. I wouldn’t mind at all an album with less instruments and arrangements (yes, I’m looking at yuta nakano) in which she can focus more on her voice. I’m sure if she went to the slower-mid tempo route paired with her lower register, we could get some interesting creations here. On another side note, her over dramatic intonations could make this unlistenable too tho I’m thinking about rainbow (the song) while writing this, but Lana del rey’s recent style comes to mind as well.

Last edited by Toniayu123; 22nd June 2021 at 08:05 PM.