Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [A] ayumi hamasaki 『Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017』~III~
View Single Post
Old 20th May 2017, 11:16 PM
YOU Initiate

No no no this is really distressing!!! I've been off the internet for the better part of the last week due to severe personal crises but coming back only to read this is really not helping at all. Poor Ayu, I knew she was struggling but I've just kept hoping that she will somehow pull through. At this point, though, I have to say that I agree with everyone who has expressed their desire that she rest. I love Ayu and will definitely always be a loyal fan but I want her to take care of herself! I have for years depended on her music to keep me going but I also keep in mind that she is just a person, albeit an amazingly energetic person with an insane devotion to her fans (watching almost any of her concert footage has me in tears lately, dunno what that's about but yeah). I think for most of her fanbase, it is more important that Ayu does not continue to push herself too hard. If she were to cancel any upcoming tour dates/ releases for a while, it would certainly be sucky for someone like myself who has a flat- out addiction to this artist's music, but if that means doing so will ensure a longer, more successful and happy career for Ayu, then it's worth it. Absolutely.

I was also unaware of Yoshiki's surgery until just now, thanks to whoever mentioned this earlier in the thread. Glad to know it went well, though like Ayu, it was definitely only a matter of time. These two literally bleed for their art and although that can be worrying to many of their fans, I find it also to be extremely admirable. So I'm hoping for the best for each of them, really.

Jesus, I just read the Jpopasia article and am actually in tears now. I cannot believe this is happening. I'm so sorry for Ayumi...

いつか聞かせて 君の口から
幸せだよと そして笑って

Last edited by Majutsu; 21st May 2017 at 04:42 AM.