Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu: Anything Goes - the XXX (30th edition)!
View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2022, 11:24 AM
ever free Initiate

I just rewatched Summer Again MV after a while and I still hate it... it's all just vanity shots, relying on the beauty of the costumes and the bodies and the scenery, but nothing to it. Some of the shots of them dancing in a formation on the beach look more like behind the scenes footage, just front on, too much background, they look like a group of people randomly dancing on the beach... the choreo is massive cringe and they are not into it at all. And Ayu's smile is so fake sometimes all her weird OTT hand gestures as well... there's way too many shots of that. I watched a couple of BoA's new MVs the other day and just wow, the amount they pack in, the quality! Even comparing Summer Again to Inspire, where is the mystique? where is the mood? where is the story? It would have been much better to have it like a party scene, even if they were all dressed ridiculously, the theme of the song is that finally we get to have summer again, so what are they doing on the beach? It's not a creepy ritual. It's not a party. It's not anything :/ Well the cave bits are a bit better, but at the end of the day it's still just posing. For how long can they rely on vanity shots? Mask and Non-fiction were at least a lot more interesting.