Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] ayumi hamasaki albums available in Dolby Atmos on Apple Music
View Single Post
Old 15th July 2022, 05:44 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hidekirby View Post
It's like surrounding sound but in a 3D space. That is when you turn your head around (if you have the compatible tech like AirPods) the different sounds (from the original track layers, which are previously placed in a 3D scene) remains at the same place. Like you are physically in the center of the playing music. When your head goes in the opposite direction of the established spacial source of the sound, the sound is lowering.

I only tried the auto conversion of some of my musics into this form (via iOS Bluetooth settings). It was fun but not really worthy from my point of view. I disabled it really quick because it also kinda kills the original mastering.

I'm eager to know if that effort on her previous tracks will have a much more different result than the basic auto conversion.
Thanks for the explanation; I did have an idea of how it worked but I was mainly curious how exactly it was achieved for these particular releases. I know that the audio signal can be divided automatically (like the auto conversion you did), hence, my question whether this is a matter of simply auto-converted/-divided audio signals or whether someone went back to the master recordings and separated actual audio tracks. If anyone finds out, let us know!