Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [romaji & translation] Microphone
View Single Post
Old 29th March 2010, 07:35 PM
Depend on you Initiate

> well, i found something interesting... in my dictionary [Xの顔など見たくも無い] is [cannot stand the sight of X] which i think sounds better than the literal translation of [i don't want to see your face]

Well, could you tell me why you think "I cannot stand the sight of you" is better than "I don't want to see your face" for the translation of "顔を見たくない" ?

"顔を見たくない" is a very normal and frequently used phrase. Why do you want to use less-frequently-used phrase for the translation of "顔を見たくない" ?

As for "視界に入らないで", you know the literal translation of it is "Don't enter into my sight". I'm curious what is bad about this "Don't enter into my sight".

I think you said you wanted to avoid using "sight". Then, why do you think using "sight" for the translation of "顔を見たくない" is OK?

Let me explain again.
Ayu's first phrase is "顔を見たくない" and second phrase is "視界に入らないで".
Why do you want to change this order while we can say firstly "I don't want to see your face" and secondly "Don't come into my sight" ?

Anyway this is just how I feel. I simply cannot figure out

As for
> i crouched down and turned my back away from everything
and
> i turned my back away from everything and crouched down
I'm not very sure about nuances of English and I agree it's open to interpretation and liking.

I wrote
"I felt my limits, turned my back on everything, and crouched down"
and it's because it's the order of how ayu sings. I think if we can keep the word order as original as possible, it would be better because ayu fans can follow/sing the lyrics while they have a better image of what ayu/they are singing.