Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3 II
View Single Post
Old 8th April 2019, 04:49 AM
LIMIT Initiate

I went to the Saturday show. Her vocals were definitely better there. I was very pleasantly surprised since I walked in with very low expectations for her vocals, and for the show in general... I went to one of the Trouble hall tours and it seemed very low budget. This one felt more like a show she'd have pulled off 5-10 years ago.

I recorded Walking proud, Part of me, and Heaven (full songs). Idk how to upload though... There were a few places where she went a little bit off key, but they were forgivable. There's definitely a clear difference in the side-to-side comparison of Walking proud, she did not sound hoarse on Saturday. Even in Who, the last song, she sounded fine. She did get emotional in the exact same place in Walking proud, but she was kind of crying in the lyrics before and after, so I do actually believe her there. And there were tougher notes that she didn't skip. Maybe the second day was a fake... idk

I was very very happy with the playlist. Heaven's one of my favorites, and one of the only ones that I could actually sing with my current level of Japanese proficiency. Part of me, Walking proud, Surreal, Pride... were all very nice surprises. I would have preferred Startin to Energize, and I wish she sang My all instead of Who, and when she came on stage in that kimono I was 100% expecting Moments and was a little let down when she just sang Brilliante and Flower... but overall I went home very satisfied. I guess the lesson here is always buy the first day if it's a 2 day show. XD