Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood- II
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2019, 03:56 PM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJFmzk View Post
^ As someone who is currently studying this and has gone through similar problems (thankfully the more severe ear problems were temporary for me, but I still have some on-going ear problems) I'm gonna put out some theory/technical stuff based on my experience, but I'm not a professional or expert, just studying...

[Much deleted]
Thanks for sharing that - I thought that was interesting.

What you've described however - and that's what *I'm* getting from it, and I could be wrong - is that this sounds like the recipe you need if you wanted to end up with singers who sound *exactly* the same live as they do on their album, and that's *boring*. Celine Dion, for one, is guilty of that, to an extreme.

I call her a singing robot--she hits all the right notes at all the right times, but it gets perhaps so rigid there's no room left for any of the subtleties you'd expect to come from emotions that might swell up when someone's singing. Half the fun in going to concerts, to me, is seeing how an artist might make some changes here and there, have a different take on a song, or shed a tear perhaps because the lyrics for a song are so personal to them. A performance that's "too polished" to me comes across as void of emotion, and the artist is just going through the motions rather than pouring his or her heart into it.

Of course you have the other end of the spectrum as well. Ayu's technique is so off these days I feel that she needs to "re-learn" how to sing, she needs to re-learn those basic techniques, especially in conjunction with the conditions that she now has to deal with. As much as I love her and want her to continue to have a great career, I'm one of those who agrees she needs to take a break.