Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Official Message] Last Minute - full PV
Thread: [Official Message] Last Minute - full PV
View Single Post
Old 15th April 2015, 05:54 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

So I stayed out of this thread before when the PV was first put online, since I wanted to wait until my copy came to watch it. Now that I've seen it...omfg, I never expected it to be this polarizing.

I was absolutely transfixed the entire time; this is one of my favorite PVs by her in as long as I can remember. It doesn't hurt that she looks gorgeous and her arms are totally ripped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
The song is way too emotional to have something overwhelming as a PV.
I absolutely agree with this. The lyrics hit me like a punch in the gut the first time I heard the song and I feel like a more simplistic style was definitely the way to go. Anything too overwhelming and the meaning of the song would have been diminished imo. It's clearly very personal to her and that shows here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustavopc View Post
It was just ayu, and you get her feelings so easily with the PV. Love, love, love.
+1!!!

While I do wish that black dress Ayu had gotten a little more screentime, I really enjoyed the dichotomy of black dress Ayu vs. red dress Ayu. It reminded me of the struggle within herself that she talks about in the song, about wanting to be loved (red dress?) vs. not being able to love anyone (black dress?) and when she sings at the end "Give me myself back" black-dress Ayu disappears...but the light keeps on swinging. I like to think it means that she's still dealing with that internal struggle and those polarizing feelings.

brb watching again