Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] TROUBLE TOUR 2019-2020 A -misunderstood-
View Single Post
Old 1st April 2019, 11:53 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I’ve found her hall tours to be average.
Unfortunately they’re geared towards people close to the stage. So it’s super fun for them, but if you’re viewing from far away, it’s like... there’s a disconnect for me.

And it comes off as being a watered down tour as opposed to its own thing. For me.

Spoiler:
I’m glad people are enjoying it, and I go for the chance that I might. But I usually go for a couple of songs now, because it’s very repetitive. I’m not saying she needs to reinvent the idea of a concert every time, but when things become predictable, that’s when someone should say: hey, we’ve done that a lot lately. Maybe we try something that, while we may have done it before, perhaps bringing it back might be fun.

Or, hey. We’ve done this segment with the same songs several times. How about we shake things up, throw in a different song.

Or, hey. Maybe do something completely different! A one woman show. Simple. Cut back. Completely connect to the fans without relying on props. We’re in an intimate venue, why not try an intimate show?

Or how about a concept tour! All album songs! No singles! Or, remix each track, make it a little different from the original!

I don’t hate the new tours. And she’s a victim of circumstance, but I think there’s some choices that could be made to make them more memorable.

I think she’s trying to give an arena tour feel on a hall tour scale. And that’s where it feels off. I think in such a small venue, focusing on the songs/song choices/vocals would be a much wiser choice for offering a new/interesting experience.

I think a lot would improve by having new music too. Just singing new songs makes it a new experience. Now I’m comparing every “old” song with the performances she’s done of them in the past.

That’s just my two cents though. Not challenging any opinions, just offering mine.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 1st April 2019 at 11:57 AM.