Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [News] 『A BALLADS 2』on sale 2021.04.08 [II]
View Single Post
Old 21st February 2021, 11:05 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by artcika View Post
To add to that just because she hit 40, doesn't mean she can't have creative covers anymore. You can be mature and still do it cleverly. Just because she "grew up" doesn't mean she needs to get borring. Do people forget her dancing like a sex kitten on stage like a year or two ago? Being a mom doesn't kill the fact that you are a woman and can have a classy sex appeal...She doesn't need to be Kumi (although i don't know what's wrong with her being the way she is and being a mom), she's doing pretty well being a mature woman and having a pretty healthy and nicely portrayed sex appeal where it works.
I personally didn't even think about the whole twin thing for this, i forgot about it, but it can be done in SO many ways to play tribute to the original cover if she wanted to do it.
I was going to say the very same thing.
Being a grown up and a mother should never be an excuse to not be creative (sexy or whatever). You don't have to stuck to a particular mold because you're a mother. Are dads also expected to stuck to a mold?
This is just the way she is for some time now and it's hard to accept. The flame is gone (or her team is gone haha...).
As regards the cover she doesn't have to recreate the original cover at all (I would personally find it a bit awkward), just come up with... SOMETHING! (as @kaled kalil I also thought about the mirrors. There is so many possibilities! An infinity! You don't have to be an engineer to come up with just an idea. And there she is looking dead, lips half closed on a couch trying not to snooze haha).
This plus the lack of new stuff to chew on is quite... I don't know how to put it. Another release, another "ok next *yawn*". And as I read on the previous post I believe this is really the thing that's hurting her career the most. She's living on her fanbase for some time now. And this kind of lazy release won't hold their attention for too long. She can still release music because there is still demand.
I don't expect her to do an album a year and 5 singles. Even right now with the release pattern I could be happy if those were really good ones. Or at least if I could feel commitment and creativity. Nothing is worse than safety and the lack of creativity for an artistic career to me. Above all when it's been that long.

So... "ok next"...

Last edited by hidekirby; 21st February 2021 at 11:37 PM.