Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Official Message] Albums on PLAYBUTTON
Thread: [Official Message] Albums on PLAYBUTTON
View Single Post
Old 17th February 2018, 01:20 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

I do remember hearing the sound was pretty average, 320k or below? Personally I can't really tell much between bit rates but I'm honestly glad I never bought into them.

Taking a look back over the first pages of the thread it's kind of depressing that they were marked as a limited item in 2012 but they still have stock to sell

http://www.obsoletemedia.org/playbutton/

Quote:
The Playbutton was an audio format with an MP3 player built into a badge, and was launched in 2011 by the Playbutton company.

One of the ideas behind Playbutton was to be able to display your music choice in the form of album artwork by wearing the Playbutton on your clothing.

Inside, the Playbutton contains a 256 MB memory card, enough for one album’s worth of music. On the back, the only controls were for volume, play, next-track or previous-track. The headphone socket also doubled as a means of charging the Playbutton or changing the music on the device. The front of the badge was fixed, and could display an image of the band whose music was contained on the Playbutton, or bulk orders could be made with a customised image for events such as weddings.

A small number of albums were released on Playbutton.

The Playbutton website was taken down in late 2014.

Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr