Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] 2008 - artist total sales (Single + Album + DVD):
View Single Post
Old 11th December 2008, 12:02 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I wouldn't really say that since this measures who had the highest sales, not who had the highest profits. (the two are actually different^_^) I would say that Namie was Avex's most profitable female this year (and probably easily so).

She sold more total units than Ayu and just barely is behind her in total sales with only 3 releases (Play Tour DVD, Best Fiction, 60s70s80s) compared to Ayumi's 7 releases (Guilty, A Complete, 2 remix albums, Mirrorcle World, 2 concert dvds). All of those things required promotional expenses from Avex and really the only one of the things on Namie's list that much promo expenditure would need to be done is Best Fiction since 60s70s80s bill was pretty much footed by Vidal Sassoon. So yeah, actually I would say that Namie was quite easily the best money maker for Avex this year when you take those factors into account.

Watch Avex come up with A Ultimate or something.
But still ayu gave them more profit than namie.
And the thing about the compilation albums can be said about other 3 from the list.
EXILE released 3 compilations, B'z released 2 and ayu and namie only 1.
Excluding those compilations non of them would be that high =P

(And for the record AC sold better than EXILE ENTERTAINMENT BEST)..