Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ladies Night+can ayu speak english?
View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2006, 04:18 AM
devilayu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi no Yume
MAN you people.
She can speak english.
If you look online or do research, MOST JAPANESE CAN SPEAK ENGLISH - maybe not PERFECT, FLUENT english, but english.

Her concerts are no proof. She uses a Japanese accent because she's talking to a JAPANESE crowd.

If most Japanese know ENGLISH, why wouldn't Japan's most famous/best selling artist not know english?!

Anyways...It says all the time - Ayu writes her own lyrics.
Verdict: then who the hell wrote Real Me?
Ayu maybe? Hm...let me think about it.

EDIT:..........errm..I seem to be in a mood today, scuse me.
Anyways, there's your point.
I don't know where you get your facts from, you should probably post some links. Even then, Ayumi might not be part of the majority that you speak of.

re: "Real Me" comment -- If you look in the booklet for "Rainbow", there are 3 people listed as translators. She uses two languages in that album: Japanese and English. I don't think she needs a translator for her native language so it's reasonable to assume she needed a translator for the English parts.

[edit]
I just rewatched the "Ladies Night" PV and listened to the mp3 and don't think the person doing the English part is Ayumi. She doesn't even mouth the words to the English 'rap' in the PV (if you look closely, she's just mouthing other things)

After seeing a scan of the inside booklet, the credits for "Ladies Night" credit 3 non-Japanese ladies for background vocals and a woman for the Vocoder Voice (this is the synth 'rap' part). So, Ayumi does not sing the English for sure.

Last edited by devilayu; 2nd January 2006 at 05:15 AM.