Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ayumi hamasaki ASIA TOUR ~24th Anniversary special @PIA ARENA MM~
View Single Post
Old 6th April 2022, 09:22 PM
July 1st Initiate

I finished watching the livestream recording and my favourite was definitely GREEN.

here are my complete highlights, especially in terms of vocal:

• A Song for ×× (her voice is very strong and stable here)
• Party queen
• Depend on you (because it's not as gratingly cutesy as last CDL's version)
• GREEN (I legit cried throughout; didn't expect her to sing this in the original key and her voice was relaxed and strong)
• poker face (I cried here all the way too; I love her voice and the complete version of the A BEST LIVE arrangement)

I was also looking forward to seeing Present, but turns out it was just instrumental (which was still a touching segment). I liked from your letter, but I don't think it works as the middle part of an otherwise upbeat medley (maybe it works thematically or lyrically?). And I was so excited for the ayu–Kishidan reunion, but I think the performance was messy if compared to their 2012 version.

all in all, this was a very enjoyable concert! with proper voice editing I think this will sound great. can't wait for Nonfiction because the live version didn't really sell it for me but I have a hunch I'll quickly fall in love with the single version; the snippet at the end sounds great to me.