Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu Schedule #4 - TV Appearances, Magazines, etc.
View Single Post
Old 15th December 2009, 11:03 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Post Back to the Best Artist 2009 discussion...

Back to the discussion from the Best Artist 2009, and here's my say on it:

It was terrible. And I did not even watch it - I just heard from the comments earlier.

Yes, I have heard about it - some people were saying that it was terrible on the "evolution" performance. This is totally unacceptable by my standards: she's supposed to be in top form, but she was not! It is really not acceptable in the ratings.

But of course, everyone makes mistakes.

I just came out of school, and I read further comments about it, and I see they were mostly negative. And I just feel sorry about her apologizing. If you just came here on this, it's already posted in the #3 thread, but this is the #4 thread, so here's the quote that she said in her diary:

Quote:
しかし、、、

今日のエボでの私は、歌い手として、自分的に最低でした。。。。。

何も言い訳はしません。とにかく、悔しいです。

ごめんなさい。

まだまだ、私には勉強が足りないようです。

ホント、私、しっかりしなきゃ!!!!!!!

However,,,

Today with Evo (evolution), as a singer, I did not good/I did my least. . . . . [w.p: sth like this.. xd]

It does not excuse anything. Anyway, it's unfair.

Sorry.

Still, my preparation was not enough.

Really, I have to improve! ! ! ! ! ! !
Okay, what did she say? She said that it's unfair. That was why this was unacceptable to me. It's just something like a test at school: if you're not prepared, you're not going to do well.

But that's too close to call about the unfair thing between that and an unprepared student who was not ready for a test. By the way, I think that the Best Artist performance was like a major assessment at school - like an exam or so.

What she said seems to be right: she failed the test there. She forgot the lyrics again! Is this "Don't Forget The Lyrics" or what? It seems like that is just a terrible failure - you're performing in the public, being broadcasted to millions of people in Japan, and now all of a sudden Ayu messed up!!? It's kind of ridiculously troublesome here. And I just believe that she needs to be aware more.

I know that this year it has been hard times for her. I mean, last year in late December she fell on the day before MSSL came, and there has been all kinds of issues within her throughout the year, and it seems like that it wasn't her year again. It seems like as if it is now going toward a downward spiral on her career. I mean, now you have to imagine - she may have the potential that her latest single will be facing against a very good Johnny's artist that might have a potential to outrun her, though it's only a limited-release series of three singles released in three consecutive days, and maybe competing with her if the double week features both that artist (Kanjani Eight) and Ayu. And I have heard that this year Ayu did not end the show - Arashi started and ended the show. It seems like the year of 2009 was the year of Arashi, not Ayu whatsoever. I have to be honest. And with her hair that is short as if it would five years ago during the "CAROLS" era? It's fine that she's back blonde, but her hair is somewhat short, so I seem that I don't like it very much. And really, her upcoming single is her 47th single - it's nothing special here! It may do good, but how will it perform? Will her streak REALLY be on the line?

Back to the "evolution" trouble: We know that was quite disappointing. But we know it was her fault for her troubles, and it wasn't her first time. I think that Ayu must have not gotten enough rest, so she'd better rest for a while. And with a ten-day window between Best Artist 2009 and MSSL 2009, she might just have enough time to rest.

By the way, when was the last the she FORGOT the lyrics in a performance? Take a look at the spoiler - it might just surprise you...

Spoiler:
The 2002 edition of Best Artist. Same kind of show, same channel of some sort. Hope that surprised you.

What!? Best Artist 2002!? That's quite surprising... The two most notable times she forgot her lyrics was in 2002 and this year, and they were both in the Best Artist performances!? I forgot about that, but I knew the song was. But it's really surprising that it was the same show where both of her most famous forgot-the-lyric incidents occurred.

It was on December 18th, and she was singing "Voyage". At least this year she performed two; "You were..." was a bit better...

And by the way, did she even post an apology on her mess in 2002? I'm just wondering...

Overall conclusion: It was quite disappointing and an embarrassment. I think it's all because she was not prepared for it, and she needs to take better steps to perform well, especially after too much practicing for the upcoming CDL, the delay of her single and her absence in this year's FNS Music Festival.

As we have heard about, it was Arashi, not Ayu, who ended the show, as well as who started the show. And this year, it has been the year of Arashi, not Ayu, for 2009. I think Ayu has been struggling over the past year, much like I was between somewhere in July of 2008 and the summer of 2009.

In 2010, things will start again from scratch. Clean slate here. And it will be anyone's race until who really performs well in 2010. It's a matter of not when but how these artists perform - that's what I am looking for, because this year has been the most frantic year I've ever seen. At least for 2010 there won't be anything like Arashi's plans did for 2009 as of now...

Hopefully Ayu gets better in 2010, and if we can keep pace on her number of singles (a single in the spring, one in the summer, and one in the holiday season), and she continues her number one streak, she might be the unofficial "artist of the year" with her 50th single happening on the biggest time where artists usually perform - during December - but that's only my estimates and there's no guarantees...