Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - New single 'オヒアの木' composed by Kazuhito Kikuchi out now!
View Single Post
Old 6th July 2020, 01:52 AM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
In TROUBLE they had "real strings" for most songs that had them, but instead of a whole group, I think what they did was record a single violin and multiplied it for different parts. Rather than the usual crediting of "strings", it was just "violin". Usually it would be like Gen Ittetsu Strings or Yuko Kajitani Strings, but only Yuko Kajitani has been credited for some recent songs as solely violin. It could result in a less full sound but could still be considered real at that point.
I'm really surprised because it was particularly noticeable on TROUBLE specifically. You can hear this constant electronic and flat "wind" sound everywhere which tries to imitate violins. I can't find scans anywhere so I couldn't verify in the credits.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
He did mess up at the M(A)DE IN TOKYO thing from what I recall. The performance was really awkward.
Haha ok so that's him! Too bad I liked what they did with his compositions on Love Songs : /