Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [A] ayumi hamasaki PREMIUM LIMITED LIVE A~夏ノトラブル~
View Single Post
Old 25th July 2020, 03:05 PM
July 1st Initiate

HOT DAMN the first three songs were PERFECT. oh my GOD where do I even begin.

Spoiler:
opening the show with 'Mad World'? I mean, I'm not too fond of the song but the title totally captures the wretched state our planet is in right now.

the interactive(?) clip at the intro of WHATEVER is AMAZING. when all the dancers are 'out' and ayu's box becomes bigger and eventually enveloping the screen. I legit cried physical tears I MISS THIS DRAMA QUEEN. my only qualm here is probably that the backup track dominates in the chorus.

oh, and then the SUBLIME SEGUE INTO And Then??? my goodness I loved it when I listened to the fan rip of SAIGO NO TROUBLE and seeing it here with HQ audio is just fantastic. this is one of my absolute favourite songs because it's such a powerful banger, and the abrupt transition from WHATEVER until it slows down to the tempo of And Then is PERFECTION.

I love the lighting and colour schemes too omg. the camera movement and cinematography also look DVD-worthy to me. she and her team did a fantastic job to be honest!!!

now can we talk about how GOOD her vocal is, all things considered? she sounds comfortable and powerful enough to reach the high notes and belt out the scream-ish parts. to me this shows how good of a vocalist she still is, if given enough rest! turns out what she needs is five months off of touring

I love this snippet and so excited to see the rest of the show. if this becomes a series of audience-less lives I'm definitely all for it. I hope she spaces the performances out so it doesn't tire her vocal cord again.