Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - TROUBLE TOUR 2020 A 〜サイゴノトラブル〜 FINAL information thread
View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2020, 05:03 PM

I have to say what I really enjoyed is that Timmy wasn't there. I like him as a person and I think he is sweet, so is her cousin. But I never liked her male backing vocalists. They are both great vocalists and both can easily outsing Ayu, but them as backing vocalists simply doesn't sound good and does not fit Ayu's voice nor her songs. I feel that one of the reasons she sounded so good was not having them as backing vocals, simply because she often tries to outscream them. This time she did not scream, I can't remember when was the last time she didn't scream. God, her vocals were so good, I really hope she keeps that up!

Also, SIGNAL was amazing! I always loved it and it's one of the few songs from A Song for xx I listen to regularly, because it has this "let's do an 80's disco song" feeling, but combined with this typical 90's sound. I always really liked that and they managed to get this "80's disco" sound to the forefront with the arrangement used. Also her more deeper voice sounded perfect with it. I want a new recording. <3