Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - New album 'Party Queen' out 03/21 information thread [IX]
View Single Post
Old 17th March 2012, 07:06 PM
fairyland Initiate

Honestly, I don't think that being a true fan means that you like and accept everything that an artist does. If they changes drastically from who they used to be, and the person that you fell in love with, its understandable that as a fan its hard to keep loving them. I mean, if you were a huge fan of a singer because they never used sex in their image and had a huge amount of respect for that, then the singer goes and does the opposite, its not wrong for the fan to be upset.

I haven't liked what Ayu's been doing as much as I used to since the release of RnRC. That was when I started to "doubt" Ayu. I don't hate her, and I still love all her old stuff, but I just can't get into the majority of what she's been doing. Its not that she uses sex or anything, I am a fan of many artists that use sex to sell music, I just don't like what I'm seeing and hearing. Plus, I feel she's been saying a lot of stuff that isn't true. Again, I don't blame her, she is allowed to change, but I don't have to like it.