Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts+sales] A BEST 2 -- THREAD II
View Single Post
Old 18th March 2007, 02:03 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DerrickRocks View Post
ha ha ai otsuka flopped she was an baka to put Ai am Best out without any type of promotion. A-BEST 2 is not a flop why do people keep saying that? even though im not an ayu- fanatic its still wrong to say that. I mean 2 albums at the same time is kind of retarded alone it would have hit at least 2 mill i think.
Please dont call ai a baka...you wouldnt want your fav artist to be called a baka right? (even though she is not my fav but still) besides ai am best is not out yet. I wouldnt call it a flop till I see sales numbers.

I dont think releasing A BEST 2 in one album will sell 2 million copies. I actually think avex was wise to release it seperately. For someone like me, I purchased both versions...but if it was released as one, I would of bought 1 not 2. The sales of both versions are reallly close...so I think if A BEST 2 was 1 release, it will just sell little more than one of them now.

but if A BEST 2 was released as one (cd only and cd+dvd minus the extra concert dvd) and the price is cheaper like a regular album, it might sell a little bit more. I think the aim for the A BEST 2 is to promote ayu in asia along with the asia tour to expand her fan base. I think they succeeded in making the albums topped the charts (atleast in taiwan) and got ppl to notice her. Someone said flyers of A BEST 2 was handed out for free in singapore.

Last edited by Ayumiko; 18th March 2007 at 02:11 AM.