Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ~POWER of MUSIC~ 2011 A setlists, photos, and etc. [III]
View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2011, 06:35 PM
July 1st Initiate

Back from the concert, and now I truly understand the POWER of MUSIC. The concert was just pure epic-ness!!!!!! XD

I can't remember the exact setlist because I wasn't taking note, but here are some things.

1. The trilogy is back in full, she performed vogue-Far away-SEASONS.

2. This concert may have a short setlist, but it's a normal-length show, about 2.5 hours in total. There were lots of audience interactions and stuffs which took up time.

3. There were 6 costumes in total, I think. They're all the same beige one, but just in different designs. There was a long dress version, followed by a short dress version, followed by another long see-through dress version, then another short dress, then lastly a toga/pants version. All these were paired with glittery knee-length boots. Oh, and she did the encore songs in a white tour shirt, white shorts and white knee-length boots.

4. Yes, she sang progress. It started out really slowly, with just bare minimal instrumentation and just her voice, for the first verse and chorus. After that, it switched to the pop version that is in the Tales of CM. The instrumental bridge is really cool, but it sounds super similar to the bridge of another ayu song, but I can't put my finger on it exactly. The ending sounds like the Tales of CM again. It was a typical ayu song style, but it was awesome!

5. What most people have been wondering about: her vocals. They were amazing, it's really obvious that she has undergone training. Her voice is really poweful, and though there were times when she goes off-tune, they were extremely rare. Of note: after hours of jumping around, singing, and stuff, she still managed to perform the last song Thank U amazingly well. Now that in itself really impressed me!

6. Song arrangements. Almost every single song in the setlist has been remixed, so none were in their original forms. It kinda felt like I was listening to a whole new remix album. And I gotta say, whoever rearranged all these songs is a genius!! Most of the arrangements were great! A Song for XX was a more pop-ish version of take2 from A BALLADS. M was rock style, an awesome rearrangement. Love song was an unplugged version, and was awesome too!! The trilogy were of a bossa nova kinda mix. Catcher in the Light and WONDERLAND's MY STORY versions made it into the setlist as interludes. I can't wait to rip this concert into mp3 format!! ^^

7. There's lots of audience participation this time round. The audience sang Love song, SEASONS, B&D and a song is born with ayu (plus the usual evo and B&G). We did the dividing of the venue into 4 sections again, with each section doing "yayayaya" "gagagaga" "dadadada" "wowowowo". That was pure fun! ^^

8. A World is One's hands to the sky video was shown just before the encore began, accompanied by Daybreak piano version and a Pray for Japan message.

KK, I'll write a more complete review soon. Gotta go sleep!! Nights~

Visit: Misa-chan’s J-pop blog ♪

Last edited by Misa-chan; 23rd July 2011 at 06:37 PM.