Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - 「ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2019-2020 ~Promised Land~ A」on sale 8/26
View Single Post
Old 18th June 2020, 12:22 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
I wouldn't even say it's budget issues (if anything, an anniversary tour would probably get more) but rather a lack of time and well thought out ideas. Ayu spent most of 2017 (and early 2018) focusing on JTB. She had about half the time she usually has (for arena tours) to prepare for PoM18 (1,5 months VS. 3 months).
I would like a DVD release but I'm okay with how things are since we got a full, well-edited broadcast.

I do wonder, though, why Ayu didn't 'upgrade' the show to fit her vision. She often had around two weeks between stops and pretty much a full month until the Osaka shows. I'm sure that if she really wanted to, she could have changed things up to her liking. But what's done is done.

In a way, it feels like A^3 was her way of "making up" for PoM18. While it's vocally inferior, it's quite apparent that many people -including Ayu- like it a lot more than PoM18.
I think you're right, the timing issues had a lot to do with it too, but I remember very clearly when she first started announcements that it was going to be a big budget major show and gave all the indications that it would be like PoM part 2, with the orchestra and everything. But also I remember her saying something either shortly after the initial announcements, or somewhere in the middle of the tour, about budget cuts at the time. I could be wrong, but I feel like budget cuts were a factor in this. Probably not totally to blame, its most likely a bunch of problems, but I think budget cuts ended up being a significant factor, and she was extra mad that they were doing it to her in an anniversary year show. It's possible I'm mixing something up, but I remember her mentioning it somewhere. But at the time I was trying to stay off the forum and Ayu blogs/social media until after I saw the show so it would be a surprise for me...and it definitely was after all that build up.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 18th June 2020 at 12:27 AM.