Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - The C-pop/M-pop Discussion 3rd Thread
View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2017, 04:02 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoake View Post
Thank you for your answer. It's so much easier for me to have english titles. I didn't know it was actually a best album.
You're welcome!

Speaking of Jane, she released today a new song for the Chinese movie 三生三世十里桃花 Once Upon A Time called 十里桃花 Ten Miles of Peach Blossom:

well, he has his own label now, hasnīt he? I think FU Music was founded by him, so realizing that ... I guess, itīs much easier for him to do what he wants now and release new music more often.
Donīt you know how Journey to the West was selling in China / Taiwan?
Fu Music is his own label indeed.
While searching for JTW sales (haven't found anything BTW), I found an article saying that actually he's not the one who will release a new album this year... His label is going to "launch" its first newcomer.
It seems that Khalil said JTW would be his last studio album but he's not retiring, he'll be working behind the scenes or on other projects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maddy1111 View Post
Will:
in that case, I understand why his new music sounds so different from his previous work. I just donīt know if "go back to the roots" is such a good thing for him.
I also wonder if him signing with Warner is a good idea...

Quote:
Elva:
yeah, thatīs a pretty good point. Unlike Jolin, Elvaīs fame is fading away slowly .. she needs a huge hit for sure and cannot afford to have another flop album. Otherwise, she wonīt be relevant anymore .. something similar happened to Rainie.
And for the past few years we've been mostly reading articles about her love life and not that much about her music unfortunately.

Quote:
Jolin:
yes, I know you are just posting what she's been saying .. absolutely nothing wrong about that ;-) Like I said in previous post, I was just sharing my personal feelings about releasing date of Jolinīs new album, thatīs all
I donīt think she is trolling us deliberately, I just thinks Jolin herself has no idea when exactly album will be realesed, so she cannot properly react to those questions. When the work will be done, it will be done. Then we can get some specific info, now she is just in the process of recordings of songs and choosing the rights ones, deciding what concept of album to use etc. so itīs pretty early even for her to say if the album will be ready this year or next one.
Oh! I just meant that just because I was reporting things she said, that didn't mean I was "buying" everything. But that was not directed at all to something you said! I'm sorry if my comment was misleading.

Well, speaking of the devil... An article popped out, Jolin found lyrics for one song and recorded it. Progress for lyrics is still slow, she's still searching for lyrics that will resonate with her feelings and what she wants to say.

Something is bothering me...
Unlike Elva, articles are not saying that 8 songs have been recorded but "completed". Does that mean that they're ok music-wise but don't have lyrics?
On baidu one person said ironically "so good, the new album is 10% completed", so I guess that means in the end that 8 songs have been completed but don't have lyrics... LOL a release at the end of 2017 is impossible then.
Quote:
太強了進度神快專輯已經一成了Jolin 3年前推出《呸》專輯後,粉絲敲碗期待她再推全新的音樂作品,Jolin在上個月透露新專輯已完成8首曲,選曲的方式「是要身體有感覺」聽到曲子身體會不自覺律動,雖然新曲有進展但歌詞卻是卡關零進度,她期望找到能表達符合她情感的內容,王永良則表示,Jolin已找到適合的詞,新歌已錄好1首歌了