Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary ~ [III]
View Single Post
Old 9th April 2018, 07:24 PM
BEST Initiate

I'm curious to see how/if this tour will change - she has such gaps between dates that she certainly has time to make changes if she wanted to. However, with so few dates currently listed, it doesn't seem likely that there will be huge changes - it wouldn't really make financial sense, especially if she's not selling out these shows. I'm sure the finale dates will have some changes, but that's to be expected.

I hope she does not cut Mad World or Ever Free, but I'm fine with any of the other songs changing (or not). By the time I see her in Fukuoka, I hope she can make at least some small changes that she feels makes it a better show.

What strikes me as odd about some of the tour commentary though - I understand JtB was a very long, grueling tour with multiple parts. However, it's not like being on tour took 100% of her time up every day. Conceptually, this tour should have been in progress for the last year. No, she didn't have a ton of time to rehearse for it - that much is true - but she could've been working on things like stage props, costumes, setlist, etc. well in advance until it was something she felt good about.