Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Official Message] COUNTDOWN LIVE 2013-2014
Thread: [Official Message] COUNTDOWN LIVE 2013-2014
View Single Post
Old 16th November 2013, 07:45 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earth_maiden View Post
^The trains run late on the 31st, because hundreds of thousands of Japanese are going to shrines to say their new year's prayers (called Hatsumode). I left the arena at 1am, was stuck in the crowds for at least 90 minutes, possibly 120 minutes, then caught the Yamanote line back to Ikebukuro. I didn't get to my hotel until nearly 4am. I've tried to block that part of the night out because it was pretty awful.

So my advice is, if you go to the 31st show, leave when the final song starts, or even before, so you're not stuck in sardine like conditions for 2 hours. Seriously, you'll be so squished against random people, its uncomfortable and embarrassing.
Yep, that's one reason why I always go on the 29th or 30th. The 31st is too crazy. Even on a normal night, getting out of Yoyogi is a pain and can take a while. Where its situated is not ideal for crowds. And then considering one of the most famous temples in Japan is right across the street? Forget about it on New Years.

Here's a tip btw, if you walk the opposite direction, you will hit Shibuya station in about 10 minutes. That station is crowded too, but not as bad as Harajuku after a concert.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 16th November 2013 at 07:50 AM.