Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread of TROUBLE
Thread: [Charts & Rankings] The Official Oricon Thread of TROUBLE
View Single Post
Old 24th August 2018, 04:52 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by primavera♥ View Post
Realistically, ayu didn't have the best singing technique in her early career even if it sounded nice for us and she honestly probably wasn't taking much care of her voice either based on what I remember from forever ago. She really tried to make the high pitched voice work for her, even using certain sounds to made higher notes easier for her. There are some early performances when you can tell she's straining already.

Eventually all of that catches up with you. Now, every now and then, she mentions vocal lessons, but at this point I really think she can only do so much. The hearing loss doesn't help either.
Yes, she appeared strained and her singing was unnatural in her early, early career, but not in the years he mentioned of 03-05. Her performances back then, honestly, looked effortless and her way of singing changed significantly from 00/01 for example. Imo, she clearly got some vocal training because her entire technique changed significantly. I do wonder if Ayu Ready might have been the cause. She was singing weekly with other artists, so maybe she did put a larger focus on her vocal ability.