Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai - View Single Post - Ayu's social networks - Discussion #57
View Single Post
Old 18th February 2022, 01:54 PM
SURREAL Initiate

^Of course we can't speak for her, but from my point of view it feels like making new music isn't her priority right now, and I can't blame her, she has such a huge catalogue lol but the thing is, TROUBLE and even Made in Japan felt like unfinished albums, and don't get me wrong I like those two releases because despite everything her lyrics were as touching as ever and there were some really fun and interesting melodies, but MIJ after SURVIVOR kinda doesn't maintain the concept/vibe from the previous tracks and it feels like they just recorded a bunch of demos and threw them together, same with TROUBLE (Let's not even discuss the tracks quantity, considering this one was being advertised as a studio album and not an EP/mini album) and imo both have mixing issues as well (not her fault of course). Since then she's been touring and from her IG posts and TA entries it's clear her biggest joy (professionally speaking) it's performing and being on the stage rather than in a studio, nothing wrong with that, maybe it's boring for us international fans, but japanese fans and general public are still interested in seeing her live, despite the lack of new music so it works. Her recent singles have been great, Dreamed a Dream and 23rd Monster are really fun but again, if we consider those two and Ohia no Ki, they don't seem/sound related at all, I can't picture those 3 songs together in an album, but it's clear she still can write and make awesome new music, so why wait so long to make a new album? my only guess is she's simply not in the mood to do it at the moment, and I'd rather wait for her to be in the mood to make a great album again instead of Avex pressuring her into recording a bunch of old demos and releasing them as an album with little promo and poor quality in terms of mixing/production.

AGAIN that's just my guess, I could be totally wrong and there could be many different answers to why she hasn't released something new and if she decides to do it I'll be right there supporting her! but if only touring makes her happy right now, as she said when she started Just The Beginning Tour something like she wanted to perform as much as possible before becoming completely deaf, then so it be, not much we can do in that aspect.